Send on Behalf and Send As

Send on Behalf and Send As are similar in fashion. Send on Behalf will allow a user to send as another user while showing the recipient that it was sent from a specific user on behalf of another user. What this means, is that the recipient is cognitive of who actually initiated the sending message, regardless of who it was sent on behalf of. This may not be what you are looking to accomplish. In many cases, you may want to send as another person and you do not want the recipient to be cognitive about who initiated the message. Of course, a possible downside to this, is that if the recipient replies, it may go to a user who did not initiate the sent message and might be confused depending on the circumstances. Send As can be useful in a scenario where you are sending as a mail-enabled distribution group. If someone replies, it will go to that distribution group which ultimately gets sent to every user who is a part of that distribution group. This article will explains how to use both methods.

Send on Behalf

There are three ways to configure Send on Behalf. The first method is by using Outlook Delegates which allows a user to grant another user to Send on Behalf of their mailbox. The second method is having an Exchange Administrator go into the Exchange Management Shell (EMS) and grant a specific user to Send on Behalf of another user. The third and final method is using the Exchange Management Console (EMC).

Outlook Delegates

There are major steps in order to use Outlook Delegates. The first is to select the user and add him as a delegate. You then must share your mailbox to that user.

1. Go to Tools and choose Options
  2. Go to the Delegates Tab and click Add
  3. Select the user who wish to grant access to and click Add and then Ok

Note: There are more options you can choose from once you select OK after adding that user. Nothing in the next window is necessary to grant send on behalf.

1. When back at the main Outlook window, in the Folder List, choose your mailbox at the root level. This will appear as Mailbox – Full Name
  2. Right-click and choose Change Sharing Permissions
  3. Click the Add button
  4. Select the user who wish to grant access to and click Add and then Ok
  5. In the permissions section, you must grant the user at minimum, Non-editing Author.

Exchange Management Shell (EMS)

This is a fairly simple process to complete. It consists of running only the following command and you are finished. The command is as follows:

Set-Mailbox UserMailbox -GrantSendOnBehalfTo UserWhoSends

Exchange Management Console (EMC)

1. Go to Recipient Management and choose Mailbox
  2. Choose the mailbox and choose Properties in Action Pane
  3. Go to the Mail Flow Settings Tab and choose Delivery Options
  4. Click the Add button
  5. Select the user who wish to grant access to and click Add and then Ok

Send As

As of Exchange 2007 SP1, there are two ways to configure SendAs. The first method is having an Exchange Administrator go into the Exchange Management Shell (EMS) and grant a specific user to SendAs of another user. The second and final method (added in SP1) is using the Exchange Management Console (EMC).

Exchange Management Shell (EMS)

The first method is to grant a specific user the ability to SendAs as another user. It consists of running only the following command and you are finished. The command is as follows:

Add-ADPermission UserMailbox -ExtendedRights Send-As -user UserWhoSends

Exchange Management Console (EMC)

1. Go to Recipient Management and choose Mailbox
  2. Choose the mailbox and choose Manage Send As Permissions in Action Pane
  3. Select the user who wish to grant access to and click Add and then Ok

Miscellaneous Information

No “From:” Button

In order for a user to Send on Behalf or Send As another user, their Outlook profile must be configured to show a From: button. By default, Outlook does not show the From: button. In order to configure a user’s Outlook profile to show the From: button:

Replies

If you are sending as another user, the recipient user might reply. By default, Outlook is configured to set the reply address to whoever is configured as the sending address. So if I am user A sending on behalf of user B, the reply address will be set to user B. If you are the user initiating the sending message, you can configure your Outlook profile to manually configure the reply address.

Conflicting Methods

If you are configuring Send on Behalf permissions on the Exchange Server, ensure that the user is not trying to use the Outlook delegates at the same time. Recently, at a client, I was given the task to configure Send As as well as Send on Behalf. As I was configuring Send As on the server, I found out that the client was attempting to use Outlook Delegates at the same time. Send As would not work. Once the user removed the user from Outlook Delegates and removed permissions for that user at the root level of your mailbox that appears as Mailbox – Full Name, Send As began to work. So keep in mind, if you are configuring Send As or Send on Behalf, use only one method for a specific user.

SendAs Disappearing

If you are in a Protected Group, something in Active Directory called SDProp will come by every hour and remove SendAs permissions on users in these protected groups.  What security rights are configured on these security accounts are determined based on what security rights are assigned on the adminSDHolder object which exists in each domain.  The important part for you to remember is that every hour, inheritance on these protected groups will be removed and SendAs will be wiped away.

A good blog article explaining what adminSDHolder and SDprop are and what Protected Groups  is located here.

99 Responses to “Send on Behalf and Send As”

1. on 16 Jan 2008 at 4:11 amExchange 2007 -- The Monopologue

[...] Send on Behalf and Send As [...]

2. [...] Elan Shudnow’s Blog: Send on Behalf and Send As [...]

3. on 05 Jan 2009 at 2:00 amExchange 2007

Can we setup ” send behalf on ” for a distribution group.

Thanks
    Usman

4. on 05 Jan 2009 at 8:30 amElan Shudnow

You can use the Set-DistributionGroup with the -GrantSendOnBehalfTo

5. on 05 Jan 2009 at 4:50 pmFrenchie

I thought your post was going to be the answer to my problem but I am still having an issue similar to what you describe in the “Conflicting Methods” section.

I have a mailbox “Account Payable” that I want want a few users to send “On Behalf of”. I have given the Send On Behalf, Send As and Full permission to those users but if I send it comes as “On Behalf of”. If I take the On Behalf Of permission away, the user i no longer able to even send FROM that mailbox.

I’m not sure how to solve the issue.
    Hope you can help.

6. on 05 Jan 2009 at 7:52 pmElan Shudnow

Use the Get-ADPermission for the mailbox and make sure there are no explicitly set denies that would prevent SendAs from working. I’ve had explicit denies cause issues with FullAccess before so it may be the case with you for SendAs.

7. on 08 Jan 2009 at 2:28 pmphil

I have a slightly different issue – there are no Send As rights set, yet Administrators have the right to Send As – do you know if this is the default behaviour on Exchange, or is it switched on/off somewhere?

8. on 08 Jan 2009 at 7:51 pmElan Shudnow

This is not the default behavior. There has to be SendAs rights somewhere that someone added.

9. on 09 Jan 2009 at 1:34 pmphil

thanks, I think it’s been added in AD. I’d expect that to show in Exchange Management Console but seems like it doesn’t!

10. on 09 Jan 2009 at 2:22 pmElan Shudnow

If it’s not added within the Exchange Management Console, it won’t show. Even if it’s added in the Exchange Management Shell, it won’t show in the Exchange Management Console. It is definitely something I’d like to see changed so the EMC will show it regardless of where you added it.

11. on 28 Jan 2009 at 9:56 amMindcre8r

My problem is like this:

Domain A
    Domain B

Domain B is trusted by Domain A (domainB.DomainA.local)

The exchange server resides in Domain A and some users reside in Domain B

When a user logs in with the account from Domain B they can’t send out mail.

I did the following:

Add-MailboxPermission testmbx -AccessRights FullAccess -user jaredz

Set-Mailbox testmbx -GrantSendOnBehalfTo jaredz

Add-ADPermission testmbx -ExtendedRights Send-As -user jaredz

Add-ADPermission user -User “DomainB\User” -Extendedrights “Send As”

“Set-Mailbox “USER” -GrantSendOnBehalfTo “DomainB\User”

But i’m still getting the you are not allowed because you are trying to send on behalf of another sender….

any ideas?

12. on 02 Feb 2009 at 8:38 pmBrad

Just thought I’d share this…

Exchange will cache information for two hours. So if you set Send-As permissions, it could take upto 2 hours for it take effect. There is a registry key to shorten this interval “Mailbox Information Cache Age Limit” but it requires a Store restart to take effect.

Hope this helps someone.

13. on 05 Feb 2009 at 9:57 amPam

I am a team lead for an IT help desk. We have a lot of users who use shared e-mail boxes, but many are physicians and their staff who communicate with patients who are not within Exchange. One issue we are seeing that I can’t seem to resolve is this:

Dr. A and Margaret (his nurse) are members of the Osteo shared mailbox within our hospital setting. Delegation has been set up for them correctly.

Patient Jones (outside Exchange) sends an e-mail to Osteo shared mailbox.
    Margaret picks up the e-mail from the shared e-mail box and replies to Patient Jones FROM that shared e-mail box’s inbox.
    Patient Jones receives e-mail that is NOT ‘On Behalf of” the Osteo shared mailbox, but is FROM Margaret’s individual Outlook account.
    Patient Jones replies, but the default To: entry is Margaret’s individual Outlook account, and not to the Osteo shared mailbox.
    Patient Jones is now confused as to who to send the e-mail to & Dr A & Margaret are not able to easily communicate and are frustrated.

‘On Behalf Of’ DOES work correctly for this e-mail box when it communicates with another e-mail account WITHIN Exchange. It quits working correctly when sending to an e-mail account outside Exchange Server.

Can you help me understand what’s going on? Thanks.

14. on 06 Feb 2009 at 12:05 pmdqueue

I tried the Send-As with a distribution group. Active Directory showed the permission in place. Reapplying the setting in EMS indicated the permission was already in place. Exchange kicked back an error that I was not permitted to Send-As this distribution group. I waited hours, then overnight, and the error persisted.

I had followed a link to Microsoft, which read: “Also, before you perform this procedure, be aware that you cannot send e-mail messages on behalf of a mailbox if the mailbox is hidden from address lists.” Me, I had hidden my distribution list. Revealing the distribution list allowed me to Send-As…

Thank you for your posting. I appreciate it.

15. on 23 Feb 2009 at 9:10 amSophie

What happens then when you create a new meeting ?

Say, user B has got send-as rights on user A mailbox.
    User B opens user A mailbox and create a new meeting within it.

How will be indicated:
    - the meeting organizer
    - the sender of the mail sent to the invitees ?

16. [...] http://www.shudnow.net/2007/08/12/send-on-behalf-and-send-as/ [...]

17. on 22 Apr 2009 at 1:48 pmFrenchie

Hi Elan,

I’m still having issues with the “Send As” permissions.
    It does not matter what I do, I cannot any of my users to send as. I can get them to send on behalf and I can grant them full access to a mailbox so that they can open it within Outlook 2003 or 2007 but Exchange 2007 will not let me grant “Send As”.

Actually the only person that can “Send As” is me. I can “Send As” anyone as I am the Exchange Admin.
    I follwoed your suggestion and ran the Get-AdPermission but it did not give me any further insight on the issue.

I looked to ensure that there was no conflict between “Send As” and “Send On Behalf” but the users that did not have “Send On Behalf” permissions but that had the “Send As” could not do either. For the users that had both, they could only “Send On Behalf Of” and the users that had only “Send On Behalf Of”, well they can in fact “Send On Behalf Of”.

I’m not sure why this is not working. Some people say that it might take up to 2 hours for the Cached info to get refreshed but I have left it overnight and no success…

Any more help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

18. on 22 Apr 2009 at 2:00 pmElan Shudnow

Not sure other than my conflicting methods. Just curious, but why haven’t you called Microsoft Support by now?

19. on 23 Apr 2009 at 8:28 pmMickp

Here is a handy powershell command I found for enabling multiple users permission to send on behalf of

set-mailbox “mail-box-name” -GrantSendOnBehalfto “Alex Smith”,”Sarah Smith”,”Michael Smith”

Cheers

20. on 28 Apr 2009 at 11:56 amkjr

You can try giving the user full mailbox access in active directory. Find the account for the mailbox and on the Exchange Advanced tab click on Mailbox rights. I would grant full mailbox rights.

21. on 08 Jul 2009 at 9:05 amsuhail

hi ,

it’s realy nice . almost you have cover all the day by day issues which an Engineer’s are facing.

Cheers !!!!

22. on 27 Jul 2009 at 2:00 amwing

Hi Elan,

I have this issue is that, User B is delegate of User A. We have grant the right permission to User B in order to send email on behalf of User A. User B have full mailbox right on User A mailbox.
    User B does not have Send As permission on the mailbox.

When User B send on behalf of User A, the recipient only can see the email is from User A. There is no indication that the email was send by User B on behalf of User A.

Any idea where have I left out?

Many thanks!!!
    Wing

23. on 29 Jul 2009 at 7:53 pmElan Shudnow

Almost seems like someone must have given SendAs permission to user B. Do a Get-ADPermission on user a and check for sendas for user b.

24. on 30 Jul 2009 at 9:20 amChris

I am having an odd issue with how the FROM address is displayed. I am using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007. I have granted Send As permissions for User A to User B mailbox on the Security tab of the user object in AD (Send As is set to Allow, no other permissions are set to Allow or Deny).

If User A sends an email with User B in the FROM field to User C, User C sees User B in the FROM field on the received message. User A, however, sees User A on Behalf of User B in the FROM field when looking in Sent Items.

If I review the header on the message in User C’s inbox, the FROM address is User B.

There are no delegates listed in User B’s mailbox, nor are there any specific permissions set in Outlook on User B’s mailbox.

Everything appears to be correct except for how the FROM field is displayed in Outlook for User A. Can you offer any suggestions, or are you aware that this is a known “feature” (aka “bug”)?

Thanks, and great article!

25. on 31 Jul 2009 at 11:18 amdustin

I am having the same problem as the guy above. this seems to be a recent problem, but i cannot seem to find any updates that wouldve caused it

26. on 26 Aug 2009 at 10:44 amCisco

We have an issue with Send on Behalf Of. We have users who have shared access to a a role-based e-mail account (departmental mailbox). When our users reply to messages sent to the role-based account using Send On Behalf of privileges, the email in the Sent items folder does not show that it was Sent on Behalf of but rather shows that it was sent from their own personal account.

However this works fine for new messages that are being composed. The problem only occurs for replies.

Any thoughts?

27. on 07 Sep 2009 at 7:12 pmAmérico Silva

Hi Chris,

Please look at this KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973404/en-us

You need to install the last hotfix (August).

Américo Silva

28. on 18 Sep 2009 at 7:22 pmJohn M

I have the opposite problem of everybody here. I have exchange 2007 running and office 2007 clients. I added send on behalf through the exchange 2007 console through mail flow settings but when I create an e-mail and put that mailbox in the from address from within my outlook it just looks like it is coming from that person and there it doesn't say sent on behalf of. This isn't an isolated incident as i have tried it on several mailboxes. Any ideas why it won't "sent on behalf of"

29. on 06 Nov 2009 at 4:39 pmRoderick Day

this helped a lot! thanks!

30. on 06 Nov 2009 at 7:59 pmRoderick Day

as an FYI:
    this value is on your mailbox server (in a multi server ex2007 system)
    this value may not yet be created, you can create is via this technet article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb6848

31. on 24 Nov 2009 at 2:35 pmPhil

What about for calendar items? I need our admin assistant to send as for calendar items not send on behalf of. I cannot seem to find a way to add the "from" field on calendar

32. on 24 Nov 2009 at 3:31 pmLowland

Frenchie, i had the same issue as you discribe above, if solved it like this:

Open outlook with the mailbox that u want to share.
    Then open from outlook the properties from the mailbox, and add your users/groups.

This solved my issue, i hope your too!!

Grtz

33. on 29 Jan 2010 at 6:29 pmMatt

You are giving them the "Send As" permission instead of the "Send on Behalf As" permission

34. on 29 Jan 2010 at 10:32 pmGLEN

"on behalf of" text not displaying in messages

I have several users (user A) that need to be able to send messages on behalf of another user (user B) and I want any recipients of these messages to see the message as coming from "user A on behalf of user B".

I have tried the obvious methods:
    1) Giving User A send on behalf permissions in the delivery options box of the Exchange General tab of User B's account properties.
    2) Enabling delegate access from User B's mailbox in Outlook.

No matter what I do the messages appear to come from User B and I cannot get the "on behalf of" text to display in these messages.

What am I doing wrong?

35. on 29 Jan 2010 at 10:36 pmGLEN

Hi John,

Did you find a solution to this problem… I am getting the same issue. ("on behalf of" text not displaying in messages)

I have tried the obvious methods:
    2) Enabling delegate access from User B's mailbox in Outlook.

What am I doing wrong?

Any feed back would be great!

thanks – glenharvey@hotmail.com

36. on 31 Jan 2010 at 11:57 pmGLEN

Hi Matt,

I am giving the user "Send on Behalf" of permission both via Exchange2k7 and also using the Delegation methond using MS Outlook … any ides?

37. on 03 Feb 2010 at 9:35 amkrassimir

Can I view "send behalf on" attributes for a distribution group?

38. on 04 Feb 2010 at 6:30 pmElan Shudnow

Krassmir, you can just do a Get-DistributionGroup "Group Here" | FL GrantSendOnBehalfTo

39. on 08 Feb 2010 at 8:00 amPeter

Am very new to this exchange stuff. I am trying to let one of my users do a "send as" or "on behalf of". The thing is that it is to a tottally different domain. So I would like first.name@domainname1.com to be able to send mails as info@domainname2.com Is this possible, is it very hard to do. I am running Exchange 2007 on SBS 2008

Any help greatly appreciated

40. [...] Articulo en:  http://www.shudnow.net/2007/08/12/send-on-behalf-and-send-as/ [...]

41. on 08 Apr 2010 at 11:30 pmConfluence: RWTS Documentation

Microsoft Outlook Express Delegations , Send As…

Assigning Permissions # Start Active Directory Users and Computers; click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers. # On the View menu, make sure that Advanced Features is selected…….

42. on 07 May 2010 at 9:03 amJoe

Is there a way to have both?

43. on 14 May 2010 at 2:06 ameshudnow

Not that I know of.

44. on 18 May 2010 at 9:03 pmPhil Blanchard

Within Outlook connected to Exchange handling multiple domains, why can't we "send as" ("From") using any of the aliases (multiple domains) included in the AD user object???

Grrr –

45. on 08 Jul 2010 at 9:57 amJasper

Thanks, that solved the problem for me. Stupid that this can't be done from a hidden distlist. But still, it works now :)

46. on 08 Jul 2010 at 9:59 amJasper

I don't think that can be done. You'll have to make a seperate maibox for each domain and give send as to those mailboxes, I'm afraid…

47. on 14 Jul 2010 at 12:26 pmConrad Murray

Great article. Might be worth adding a section about where the actual Sent Item will reside and wwo to Audit who actually sent a mail when using SendAs

48. on 15 Jul 2010 at 4:16 pmDosdet

This seems to be a problem with systems that migrated from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007. I have fought with this problem for most of a year – working for some and not others and working then ceasing to work where it had before. Seems M$ finally addressed this in Exchange 2007-SP3. So far It is working properly now. Just FYI.

49. on 17 Jul 2010 at 11:00 pmCListo

I have a very peculiar problem with this "send on behalf" thing.
    a external sender sent an email on behalf an internal user to a second internal user.

the thing is that neither the internal ( described on the send on behalf) knows the external user.
    Wierd….
    Is like this:
    From: John Smith (internal user 1) [mailto:Active directory OU address here] On Behalf Of Jane Doe.
    Sent: DATE
    To: Edward Smith (internal user 2)

50. on 05 Aug 2010 at 1:01 pmCarl

Hi, great article. I have a non domain laptop that a user has brought in from home. He connects wirelessly. I have setup one exchange account that connects to fine when on site and one Internet POP3 account which is fine all the time.

The problem is he wants to be able to send from both acounts without setting a default each time (which does work) the 'send as' permission is granted to everyone on the branch exchange account which is why i presume he can send from it when it is his default account. However because i cannot add his local account to the permissions on the 'send on behalf' options on the exchange account he cannot choose to send from this account.

I guess i am just asking if there is any way around this? Many thanks, Carl

51. on 12 Aug 2010 at 2:07 amBorut

Situation:
    * We have s distribution group with several members
    * Some of them have SendAs permision
    * After the message was sent in such a way, the reply address is not originators but groups so everybody gets the reply

How can I set the parameters so that only the originator would receive the answer to his "SendAs groups name" mail?
    I don't know if this is possible through clients Outlook2007 as it is with "Send in behalf of" situation…

Thanks!

52. on 12 Aug 2010 at 9:03 amElan Shudnow

Outlook has the ability to forcefully change the reply address so when a recipient receives an e-mail and click reply, it'll go to the designated individual. Give that a try.

53. on 10 Sep 2010 at 8:08 amsandeep

There is an issue going on with calendar.__ __User (A) has been added as User (B) delegates to accept meetings on his/her behalf but whenever User (A)accepts meeting of User (B) on behalf, User (A) gets another meeting in his/her Inbox and all the invitees also gets the meeting invite again as the meeting has been updated. If User (A) deletes that meeting, User (A) gets another one and it goes on until she stops deleting the duplicate meeting and let it be there in User (A) inbox.__Any idea regarding this issue

54. on 22 Sep 2010 at 11:41 amAndrea from Italy

Scenario:
    Accounts Forest and a Resource Forest in trust with external accounts in the Accounts Forest linked to mailbox enable user disabled in Resource Forest.
    I can add SendOnBehalf right to a user in the account forest into a mailbox in the Resource Forest ?

If I tried to do it using Outlook client I can only add users from GAL, not Active Directory accounts of Accounts Forest.

Thanks for your help

55. on 22 Sep 2010 at 3:05 pmElan Shudnow

That's fine. SendonBehalf is stored in the Mailbox whereas SendAs is stored on the User account.

56. on 23 Sep 2010 at 5:00 amAndrea from Italy

Thanks Elan, but the final question is :
    User A is an account in Accounting Forest linked as External Account on Mailbox B associated to user B d disable belonging to Resource Forest.
    I need to add delegate rights (SendonBelhalf) to User A on Mailbox B.
    From Outlook it's impossible because I can only choose inside GAL, no way to add AD accounts of Accounting Forest.
    Could I do it using EMC or EMS commands ?

57. on 10 Nov 2010 at 10:07 amakeem

how? pls give step by step to akeemjagunna@yahoo.com

58. on 16 Nov 2010 at 5:56 pmlindsay

I followed the instructions under 'reply' so that emails come to me (the delegate). My problem is that replies also go to my boss. Is there a way for the replies to ONLY be sent to the delegate and not the manager?

59. on 18 Nov 2010 at 9:47 amElan Shudnow

Outlook provides the capabilities for you to change the reply to address. Where you do this is dependent on which version of Outlook you are using.

60. on 01 Dec 2010 at 2:59 amshamry

can you advice the step to me at shamry@tv3.com.my

61. on 16 Dec 2010 at 1:13 ameiger3970

I can't select the user's mailbox user@domain2.com in the EMC wizard.
    I have user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com and user@domain3.com in the same user account.

62. on 18 Jan 2011 at 11:25 amknafees

Great article.

63. on 25 Jan 2011 at 12:48 pmRon

I just wanted to say what a well written and concise article this is. This subject of Send As vs. Send on Behalf can be a bit tricky.

Well Done!

64. on 10 May 2011 at 1:10 pmGuest

i added someone as a delegate but when they send an email from me, it comes in as if i sent it and it doesnt say on behalf of.

65. on 19 May 2011 at 5:52 amNaz Haque

I want users to be able to send as a person but also view their private items (done in delegates). How can I achieve this?

66. on 09 Jun 2011 at 10:40 amPierre

who can tel me what is the command to check who as right to send as or send on behalf of

-get ???

67. on 27 Jun 2011 at 9:22 pmMr.g

I would like to check if the following is possible in Outlook :

For example, I have 5 persons that I wanted to send the same email to.

Can I format the email in a way that when they received, they will only see their name under To and not the other 4 persons’ name listed in To as well?

Please advise. Thanks.

68. on 06 Jul 2011 at 3:27 pmMelanieB

I would put them each in the bcc field, not the To field.

69. [...] [...]

70. on 18 Jul 2011 at 4:48 pmSue

I have editor rights to my manager's calendar in Outlook 2007. I want to send invitations on behalf of him and then receive the replies, without the replies going to him. How do I do that?

71. on 12 Sep 2011 at 2:32 pmTodd S

I've followed the steps exaxly for setting Delegates access in Outlook 2010 and the users cannot Send on Behalf unless they select the name/email address from the Global Address Book. If you try sending on behalf by using the Auto Populate feature or selecting a name in the From field it will fail with a non-deliverable error message. Our organization is using Exchange Server 2007 SP3 and the Domain Controllers are Windows Server 2008 R2 (Server 2003 Forrest Functional Level). All of the affected users with the Send on Behalf problem are using Outlook 2010. Would upgrading Office to SP1 or migrating to Exchange Server 2010 SP1 resolve this issue?
    Perhaps on a related note; when adding a contact to Outlook from the Global Address Book, it will dissapear from Outlook Contacts after about 10-15 seconds after clciking Save & Close to add it to the Contacts. The work around I found was to click File, Save-As, and save the VCF to my documents then double click the VCF file to add it to Outlook Contacts that way it doesn't disappear. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Please Advise.

72. on 15 Sep 2011 at 5:50 amVasanth

Hi,

I have delegated the access of my mailbox to my assitant. But while sending it shows sent from my name instead of showing "X send behalf of Y" in the Email header.

Is there any option to be enabled in 2010?

Vasanth

73. on 28 Nov 2011 at 12:09 amSharad Prajapati

Hi All,

We have two forest one is having infra of window server 2003 with Exchange 2003 and another is window server 2008 with exchange 2010. We have created the trust relation between both and we are able to give the permission on mailbox 2003 users for mailbox 2010 users while unable to give the permission on 2010 mailbox for exchange 2003 users.

Both the infra are different forest but we have created the forest trust relationship.

Kindly suggest on this issue.

74. on 29 Nov 2011 at 12:29 amElan Shudnow

Can you provide more information? What do you see when you try to do this? What is the error?

75. [...] some info also here http://www.shudnow.net/2007/08/12/send-on-behalf-and-send-as/ [...]

76. on 08 Dec 2011 at 3:41 amElgee

Hi All,

I have a question, My Send as permission is working 100%. I have user A and user B.
    My question is when i send on behalf of user B it does not show up in the sent items of user B but is shows up in user A's sent items and it shows that it sent it on behalf as user B. So my question is is there a way to let it show in User B's sent items?

Thanks

77. on 08 Dec 2011 at 9:48 amElan Shudnow

Check this out: http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/sending-email-f

78. on 29 Dec 2011 at 10:59 pmLewis

Anyone got experience with Exchange 2010 on this?

79. on 23 Jan 2012 at 8:51 pmPeter Nield

Exchange 2010 with Service Pack 1, when granting “Send As” and “Send on Behalf”, my testing results in “Send As” taking precedence.

Test process with User B sending on-behalf of /as User A
    - In OWA, User B attempts to an e-mail with “User A” in the from field. Can’t send the message
    - Grant User B rights to “Send of behalf” of User A (used EMC). After a few minutes, able to send the message, message is received with “User B on behalf of User A” (no surprises there)
    - Grant User B rights to “Send As” User A. First e-mail received as “on behalf”, after a wait of about 10-20 minutes, the next e-mail is recevied from User A.

80. on 15 Feb 2012 at 3:36 amVincent Schrama

Hey,

We are using outlook 2007. We have 1 shared mailbox. But somehow we can't find how to add delegates to this mailbox. When trying the normal way I become delegate for the administrator of the mailbox and not of the mailbox itself. Anyone has some advise or tips?

Thanks in advance
    Yours sincerely
    Vincent Schrama

81. on 28 Mar 2012 at 3:30 pmStumpt

I have two mailboxes in my Outlook 2010 profile. I am the mail admin. We are running exchange 2010 sp2 rollup 1. I have full rights to our quarantine mailbox and send as rights and owner rights as delegate. I used to be able to sort through the quarantine mailbox in 2007 exchange and forward the message to the intended user if the message was a false positive. Now, I can only forward it if it's from my account, not "From Quarantine". The error message is Undeliverable: You can't send a message on behalf of this user unless you have permission to do so. Please make sure you're sending on behalf of the correct sender, or request the necessary permission. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk. Dunno what I am doing wrong? Dunno where else I can give permissions. I had the same setup in Outlook/Exchange 2007. Any ideas? Thanks.

82. on 03 Apr 2012 at 7:55 pmExchange 2010 Send As

[...] 369 Originally Posted by leew …send as… …Send as… "you do not have persmission to send on behalf…." …delegates… Send As and Send on Behalf are two different things. My suggestion is to read this article, particular the part towards the end about conflicting methods. Send on Behalf and Send As | Elan Shudnow's Blog [...]

83. on 17 Apr 2012 at 8:09 amElan Shudnow

Check out the last part of my article where I've seen SendAs disappear as well as conflicting methods. Those are the only times I've seen it just flat out stop working.

84. on 18 Apr 2012 at 10:19 amAballahSonDis

I am testing this now. If this fixes my issue I will be a very happy guy.

85. on 06 Jun 2012 at 2:16 pm@nektra

After fighting with this issue in a SMTP/POP3/IMAP configuration I decided to develop my own free add-in. More information in this blog post: http://blog.nektra.com/main/2012/06/06/removing-t

86. on 29 Jun 2012 at 1:08 pmMary Norman

I am a delegate for my boss' Outlook Calendar. I want to send a meeting notice on his behalf but just want responses to come to me for this particular notice. How can i do that?

87. on 02 Jul 2012 at 11:38 amgrotehansX

Warnung vor Geschäften mit Florian Grotehans, Am Baumgarten 12, 36251 Bad Hersfeld.

Sie werden Ihr Geld NICHT sehen!

Florian Grotehans hat bereits die folgenden Pleiten/Insolvenzen zu verantworten
    - T-C-H Service GmbH & Co KG, Aktenzeichen 12 IN 23/07 beim Antsgericht Bad Hersfeld,
    - HSG Communication GmbH, Aktenzeichen 74 IN 212/09

Weiters wurde die Gesellschaft
    - Florian Grotehans Vermögenverwaltungs GmbH
    wegen VERMÖGENSLOSIGKEIT aus dem Handelsregister zwangsweise entfernt!

W A R N U N G : Florian Grotehans macht weiter Geschäfte!!!

MfG
    Ufuk Aktac
    Bad Hersfeld

88. on 08 Jul 2012 at 1:36 pmElan Shudnow

Hi Mary, I believe you can do this by creating a new meeting, then in the little arrow on the toolbar, add the ability to display Message Options on meeting windows. From there, you'll have a new Message Options Tab and can choose the reply address. This may or may not work. If you haven't found a way to do this, let me know. I can test it out and add another section to my blog if it successfully works.

89. on 31 Jul 2012 at 9:29 amAlison

I have been given permission to send on a person's behalf and I also have access to his contacts. How can I send emails to his contacts? I've tried to drag and drop, but this doesn't work. I've also tried to look for them in the address book, but all that's there are the Global Address List for my company and My Contacts, but his aren't available. I'd also like to send to his distribution lists. I'm in Outlook 2007.

90. on 06 Aug 2012 at 7:04 pmTAKA

Thanks so much with this. You have solved my problem as well!

91. on 08 Feb 2013 at 5:49 pmRandy

Wow, your instructions on “Send As” were very helpful! I wrote up instructions for my colleagues who share a team mailbox, based on your instructions, and they were thrilled.

One other thing I discovered is that while you have the Options tab open, you can also change the folder where the sent message will be saved. By default, even if you use an alternative e-mail for the “sent from” address, the actual sent message is still saved in your personal “Sent Items” folder. But the Options tab also has a “Save Sent Item” button that allows you to specify a *different* folder, such as the “Sent Items” folder in the mailbox you are sending from.

92. on 15 Apr 2013 at 4:50 amConfluence: IT

EX – Exchange Tipps & Tricks…

Einrichtung   Einstellungen einer Mailbox / Ress…

93. on 02 May 2013 at 3:01 pmWoodrow

I understand that those are the products designed

by manufacturers to make them money and if they are endorsed by winning popular professionals, sales will be high.

Aside from the obvious difficulties of pitching so

brilliantly in such a high pressure situation, Larsen’s feat is even more impressive when one considers that the Dodgers had four future Hall of Famers in their lineup: Duke Snider, Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella and Pee Wee Reese. Preparing to apply to the dozens of other game development companies for video game jobs will enable you to expand and diversify your list of possible employers, and your chances of getting hired will increase tremendously.

94. on 03 May 2013 at 12:45 amwww.updatesport.com

There is also a boom that can be moved up and out of
    the way when one wants to simply use the headphones.
    Recently many players encounter G27 problem in Shift 2: Unleashed.

Up to five profiles can be stored on the gameboard at once and macros can be created while actually
    gaming real time.

95. on 05 May 2013 at 2:12 pmWww.Antaru.Net

Where there was less effort wasted, so is less time wasted.
    The problem with social media is that for salespeople it
    can be used as an excuse not to pick up the telephone
    and actually make a call. In other words, try to add as a large number friends
    as you can.

96. on 05 May 2013 at 2:43 pmmedium-Format cameras

So how do you select the finest shop from all the retailers that offer this camera.
    1MP resolution and you can be sure of high quality photos with it.
    At present these consumer reports are extremely valuable.

97. on 07 May 2013 at 8:35 pmonline Radio

I have been in touch with many musicians, artists that I
    would have never heard before. We definitely like it’s simple, clean black styling, push-button central dial and nicely labeled front controls, and the way that stations have sounded as we. Given the manner in which the internet and the World Wide Web have invaded our lives over the past many years, it is hardly surprising that music or rather the radio would be one of the areas being dominated by the internet.

98. on 08 May 2013 at 11:28 pmasculta radio zu live

For any kind of luxury item of consumption, MAD (Money, Authority and Desire) is required.
    This means that everyone in the whole wide world can access
    this new kind of radio and you are assured that the programs as well
    as the list of radio stations you are listening to are all automatically
    updated. Another radio commercial production tip to chew on is to make sure
    the audio quality is excellent on any spot your produce.

99. on 12 May 2013 at 3:10 amplease click the up coming post

It iis based on computer with electrographic sensor technology.
    However, every character in the game (even supporting players)
    should be presented in this same detail. If you want to be
    able to hit the ball further and harder, you should keep in mind to keep your grip on the bat loose, your swing should
    begin with your legs and hips, and finally, you must always
    follow your bat through.